Kiwi & pineapple salad
Our original home cooking
Kiwi and pineapple salad is a simple-to-do recipe but you can astonish your guests with it because this salad is inside the pineapple. Nice-to-see, really! You can serve this fresh-and-candied fruit salad at the end of a celebration menu or in a meal, buffet style. Have you seen the calories of this fruit salad? Vey low- calorie-and-fat dessert, isn't it?
time: 30 minutes
calories: 97 (kCal)
Ingredients / Serves 8
- 1 pineapple (about 1.2kg - 2 2/3 pounds)
- 4 kiwi fruits (about 300g - 11 1/3 ounces)
- 100g (3 1/2 ounces) candied cherries
- 3 Tbsp Cointreau (French liqueur)
- easy recipe
- Time: preparation: about 30 minutes
- How many calories in a serving?
5 % -
Protein: 0.9 (g) 2 % GDA
Total fat: 0.2 (g) 1 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 19.8 (g) 8 % GDA
Sugars: 19.8 (g) 22 % GDA
cooking: no cooking
total: 30 minutes
Download free PDF version (281 download).
Recipe for pinepple and kiwi fruit salad
- - Halve pineapple lenghtways and remove all its flesh very well.
- - Remove its woody core that is too tough and cube its flesh.
Put pineapple cubes in a bowl.
- - Peel and slice kiwi fruits crossways and add to the bowl.
- - Add candied cherries and liqueur and stir.
- - Arrange your fruit salad in the pineapple halves.
Just before serving
- - Chill before serving.
Serve this fruit salad in the pineapple halves and make portions at table directly.
- - You could not add candied cherries but in this case you should add a little sugar.
- - This is a very tasty and nice to see dessert, ideal to close an important lunch or dinner, especially if it is based only on fish.
Furthermore it is fast to do. Ideal for the cold months.
- - To get an idea of how to combine it with other courses, take a look at two fish-only menus of mine that I suggest for Christmas holidays and other events. Or to the menu with lasagna :)) Links below!
Useful links for this recipe
- - These are the promised menus.
Italian fish-only menu with eel and sturgeon.
Italian fish-only delicious menu.
Italian menu around lasagna
- - This fruit salad with pineapple, kiwi fruits and candied cherries is one of my favorite dessert in the cold months, and when I have to close a fish-based menu where it is not always easy to choose the cake. It is not the usual Everest in calories and fat like many other desserts. The only thing you have to be careful is not to overdo with candied fruit. One hundred grams distributed among 8 people are not so many. But things could be very different, if you increase their amount :)