Spaghetti acciughe e capperi
Spaghetti with capers and anchovies Our original home cooking
Anchovies-and-capers spaghetti is a pasta dish with no tomato sauce, easy-to-do and quick recipe. Ideal when you come back home and have enough time to cook elaborate recipes. To make this recipe you'll need: spaghetti, anchovy fillets in oil, capers in vinegar, aromatic herbs, chilli pepper, olive oil, white wine and plain dried breadcrumbs. Recipe for your daily menu. Interested in other Italian pasta recipes?
Ingredients / Serves 4
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 anchovy fillets
- 2 tablespoons capers in vinegar, well drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh (or frozen) parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 75ml (2 1/2 fluid ounces - 1/3 cup) dry white wine
- 1 red hot chilli pepper, if you like
- 3 tablespoons plain dried breadcrumbs
- 320g (11 1/3 ounces) spaghetti
preparation: 10 minutes
cooking: about 20 minutes
- Nutrition Facts (amount per serving):
Calories: 423 (kCal) 22 % GDA (*) - 1769 (kJ)
Protein: 12.6 (g) 17 % GDA
Total fat: 12.5 (g) 18 % GDA
Total carbohydrate: 69.3 (g) 26 % GDA
Sugars: 3.7 (g) 5 % GDA
Anchovy-and-caper spaghetti recipe
Preparation and cooking
- - Put olive oil, anchovy fillets and capers in a non-stick frying pan.
- - Saute for a couple of minutes.
- - Then add wine and chilli pepper (if you like).
- - Season with salt and cook over a fierce heat for about 5 minutes or until anchovies melt and wine is evaporated.
- - Meanwhile cook your spaghetti al dente stage following our instructions (how to cook pasta) or package directions.
- - Drain spaghetti very well.
- - Transfer your spaghetti into the pan with the sauce you've prepared.
- - Sprinkle with plain dried breadcrumbs.
- - Add the aromatic herbs and stir.
Just before serving
- - Return to high heat, saute and stir frequently.
This is the secret to make a perfect pasta dish: finishing cooking your pasta in its sauce on fierce heat.
- - Serve anchovy-and-caper spaghetti hot.
- - For a quicker pasta recipe. Don't add wine and use dried aromatic herbs. Saute anchovy fillets, chilli pepper and capers in olive oil on a low heat until anchovies melt. Drain pasta and turn it into your pan together with aromatic herbs. You can add a little ladle of the water in which you've cooked pasta if you think your pasta is too dry. Finish cooking pasta in its sauce.
- - You can also use wholemeal spaghetti. This recipe tastes fantastic with this kind of pasta. My husband and I also use felt or kamut spaghetti. In the photo you can see kamut spaghetti tossed with this sauce. Use often wholemeal pasta as suggested by nutritionists.
- - Make this tasty spaghetti dish for your daily menu.
- - Daily menu. This is a main course. Complete your meal with raw or cooked vegetables seasoned with half a tablespoon of olive oil per head and then fresh fruit. If you want to reduce calories under 400 you can use only 70g (2 1/2 ounces) of pasta per portion.
I remember you pasta should be eaten preferably at lunch.
Here are the doses per head: 80g (2.8 ounces) spaghetti, 2 anchovy fillets, 1 teaspoon capers in vinegar, aromatic herbs, less then one tablespoon plain dried breadcrumbs, a piece of chilli pepper, 2 teaspoons olive oil.
- - This spaghetti dish is dressed with no tomato sauce, ideal for people intolerant or allergic to tomato.
- - Note the amount of protein. If you choose this spaghetti dish at lunch you can prepare meat or fish rich in protein at dinner.
- - Read more about Italian pasta and its nutrition value.
- - I remember you our original home recipes can be made without salt; there is a combination of flavors that substitutes salt. Other no salt recipes on the Italian cooking page